Alentejo in the spring - I


Well, here we are back at Alentejo. Most people tend to think of southern Portugal as a kind of a desert. This is mainly due to the fact that Alentejo is mainly an agricultural region where, during the Summer, after the crops all is golden brown.

Alentejo is also home to some of the most well preserved castles and fortifications that date back to the formation of Portugal and the conquest of the territories that form Portugal since 1111 A.C.

These are a few gems from Alentejo, where friendly people great you out of nowhere and dinning out is an experience of itself.


5 comments:

Szabó Zsolt-Tibor said...

Wonderful photos! I admire you're work.

Cris said...

até dá vontade de entrar nas fotos;)
gostei mto!!

André Moreira said...

Well, thank you both for your comments ;) I appreciate it:)

Luciano Lucas said...

Just "found" you on the www. I am impressed by your photos, their color and subjects. Congratulations and keep posting your travel photos!
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. I live in Ireland where the light is very often poor and it's so refreshing to be taking photos in the bright Iberian sun.
I have just come back from Porto Colom, Mallorca where I took hundreds of photos and I'm now in the process of posting them on Porto Colom

 

Popular Posts

Followers



Photography Directory by PhotoLinksphotoblog-community
blogarama - the blog directoryPhotography Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
coolphotoblogs.commy profile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogroll